Lakeside setting, in a sports and recreation centre on the outskirts of Ghent
Apart from being a very well located en-route site, this is great for families of all ages and anyone wanting to visit some of Belgium’s most popular places, many of which are less than an hour’s drive away. Historic Ghent is a short bus ride from the site and there is loads to do in and around the adjacent leisure centre and lake.
- Ghent centre three miles, E40 motorway three miles, E17 motorway nine miles, Bruges 32 miles, Brussels 37 miles, Zeebrugge 40 miles, Calais 95 miles
- Modern facilities spread around the lake in the city of Ghent’s leisure complex
- High season – busy with visitors from all over Europe, especially during the Ghent festival (Friday 17 to Sunday 26 July, 2015)
- Low season – quiet site; ideal base to visit Ghent and Brussels and as a stopover to most of Europe – the site hosts a rugby tournament on 4 April 2015 and will be extremely busy with football supporters on the weekend of Friday 26 to Sunday 28 June, 2015 due to a football tournament
- Run by Cathy Verschoore for the city of Ghent, English spoken
- 1.5-31.8 maximum unit length 7m
- BBQs permitted (must be off the ground)
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Pitches in paddocks of ten; open, shaded and part-shaded; most with electricity (up to 50m cable may be needed), some hardstandings
Snacks and take-away
Play areas and adventure park
Large sports centre adjacent including new climbing hall
Good site and nice secluded pitch. Would have been perfect apart from the toilets were very dirty. Also, the nearest block of toilets and showers were closed the whole time we were there.
- Towing: Easy
- Location: Secluded
- Suitable For: Families
Ideal for families as the lake would keep most children happy if the weather is good. Also a small lake for under 6 year olds plus climbing frames, water slides etc. all overseen by life guards. There were 2 cafe / bars by the lake and one on the main site which served OK food and a good range of beer. The toilet blocks were a bit dated and could have done with a good clean and the shower floors became very dirty from the sand on peoples footwear. Our pitch was the disappointment for us as, although a good size, it was very noisy compared to most we've stayed at so far. We asked to move but were given the "not possible" answer so endured the noise from the dual carriage way about 100 meters away behind the trees. We were also next to the "facilities" block where the recycling bins were located and people demonstrated their skills in making as much noise as possible, at all times of the day, when disposing of bottles. The waste collection commenced at 7-8am every day and they left their engines running for up to 15 minutes while they, we suspect, had a coffee. We were also warned that some pitches needed over 25 metres of hook up cable but reception would loan you an extension cable for a 30 euro deposit. There is a bus stop just outside the main gate with easy access to Gent and beyond or a good cycle path network with the possibility of hiring bikes. I think if we'd had a quieter pitch the site would have been OK but I'd recommend having a look at the plan and Google Earth before booking
- Towing: Easy
- Location: Town,Lake
- Suitable For: Families
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.