A quiet and relaxing site, in beautiful surroundings and with the most welcoming of owners
For those who love nature and who appreciate friendly, welcoming and caring site owners, Le Vaubarlet, with its awards for ecology and for the disabled, is ideal. The hill walking and mountain bike routes, the first category fishing river running down the edge of the site's huge open green spaces, the heated pools and the relaxing atmosphere all provide the makings of great holidays. Visits to the gorges of the Loire and their châteaux, the spectacular volcanic town of Le Puy-en-Velay, the local towns and markets and the various museums will remain long in the memory, but so too will the peaceful and relaxing atmosphere, on a site where visitors feel home from home, in beautifully kept and spacious surroundings.
- Set in a peaceful wooded valley in the south of the Auvergne on the banks of the Dunières river
- Ste. Sigolène three miles, St. Etienne 19 miles, Le Puy-en-Velay 27 miles, Lyon 62 miles
- Modern facilities set in spacious wooded countryside between a quiet country lane and the river
- High season – quiet and relaxing on site, great base for visiting this relatively unknown area of unspoilt and spectacular countryside
- Low season – very quiet and relaxing, with facilities open all season
- Owned and run by the Saoul family, English spoken
- BBQs permitted
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Large, open and part-shaded pitches; all with electricity (16A)
Bar, Snacks and take-away
Private river beach
Wi-Fi on pitches (free)
Outdoor pool and paddling pool
Large sports field
Activities and entertainment
Modern wash blocks
Please note that some facilities may not be available for the full opening period of the campsite
Cyclists beware 300m climb, which ever way you leave the site, but still a good centre for keen cyclists, with many quiet roads and some spectacular scenery in the area. (The descent at the end of the days ride is fun).
- Towing: Easy
- Location: Country
- Suitable For: Families,Older couples,Groups,Active break,Peaceful break,Younger couples
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.