Quiet and peaceful in a beautiful lakeside setting
The Basque country is a unique area with a distinct identity from the rest of France. This friendly site is very well placed to explore both Spanish and French aspects of the Basque region. And with the Atlantic beaches just a short drive away you’re spoilt for choice, with a pool (covered in low season) and lake swimming on site. This family-run site provides a relaxing base to explore from.Winter En Route Site
Situated just one mile from the A63 motorway to Spain, Larrouleta is in a convenient location for visiting the western Pyrenees and Basque country, and has shops, supermarket, bar and restaurant within 500 yards. Facilities available during the winter season include modern heated wash block with hot water to basins and showers, hard-standing and grass pitches, covered heated pool, washing machine and drier.
- Rural setting just outside the Basque town of Urrugne
- Atlantic beaches two miles, Urrugne one mile, St. Jean-de-Luz two miles, Hendaye four miles, Irun (Spain) five miles, Biarritz 15 miles, Bordeaux 135 miles.
- High season – popular with the French with activities organised
- Low season – quiet and peaceful, with some of France’s best beaches close by
- Owned and run by the Dufau family
- BBQs permitted (gas and electric only)
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Modern facilities housed in traditional Basque buildings
Outdoor pool (covered in low season)
Games room (heated in winter)
Modern wash blocks
Wi-Fi on pitches (charge)
- Towing: Easy
- Location: Country,Coastal,Secluded,Lake
- Suitable For: Families,Older couples,Groups,Peaceful break
We got a far better deal and WIFI reception at a site we stayed the previous night for 18 euros all included. But what really turned us off were the unisex loos!
- Towing: Moderate
- Location: Town
We stayed 2 nights in October 2013 on our way down to Spain & 2 nights March 2014 on return. It is a good site with good facilities & in a good location but we were disappointed with cleanliness of toilets & showers. During the 2 days we were there in October the facilities weren't cleaned at all and during our March stay cleaned once so they became quite grubby.
- Towing: Easy
- Location: Lake
- Suitable For: Families,Older couples,Groups,Younger couples
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.