A classic small family-run site
A very friendly site, in a spectacular alpine location. Bourg d’Oisans is a thriving village on the main route to Briançon and Italy. This is a favourite haunt for the Tour de France and an ideal base for exploring this outstanding region, with the Venosc and Ecrins National Parks close by. Rafting, canoeing, mountain biking, walking trips; visits to an alpine botanical garden, a hydro-electric station, a mountain railway and a mountain museum are all locally possible.
- On the edge of the village, at the foot of Alpe-d’Huez (18 times stage for Tour de France)
- Bourg d’Oisans half a mile, Alpe-d’Huez ten miles, les Deux-Alpes 14 miles, Venosc 21 miles, Grenoble 32 miles, Chambéry 37 miles, Briançon 42 miles, Lyon 66 miles
- Alpine style facilities; superbly located within walking distance of all the village facilities
- High season – small site that retains its relaxed and friendly feel even when full
- Low season – popular all year round, but never feels overrun; Spring is a great time for seeing the mountains
- Owned and run by the Bouquet family, English spoken
- Founder member of Sites et Paysages chain
- 2014, 21.6-8.8 minimum stay 5 nights and maximum unit length 7.5m
- BBQs permitted
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
A La Rencontre du Soleil
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Shaded and part-shaded pitches; all with electricity (10A)
Bar, restaurant, pizzeria, take-away
Older style well maintained wash blocks
Horse riding nearby
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.