A relaxing countryside site, not far from a small island village
The toll-free bridge to the Ile d'Oléron allows you to try island life yet remain within easy reach of the mainland, while 60 miles of cycle tracks help you explore the island's lovely beaches, quiet villages, salt marshes and oyster parks. Try a boat trip around famous Fort Boyard, a visit to the world famous Zoo de la Palmyre or relax on the island's beautiful beaches.
2014 Prices – Special Offer
5 Apr – 19 Jul, 21 Aug – 19 Sep
14 nights for the price of 10
(based on pitch and person prices)
- Island countryside setting on the Ile d’Oléron, with town and beaches close to hand
- St. Georges-d’Oléron village centre, nearest beaches and Les Saumonards forest one and a half miles, St. Pierre-d’Oléron two miles, toll-free bridge to the mainland 14 miles, Rochefort 34 miles
- High season – good family atmosphere, activities on most days, frequent evening entertainments; many parts of island reachable without using the busy main road
- Low season – peaceful spot; island less busy so easier to get around
- Run by Freddy Vallée and Anneke Verkerk for the Chadotel sites chain, sister site to Le Bahamas Beach, La Trévillière and La Bolée d'Air in the Vendée, English spoken
- 2014, 10.7-19.8.2013 minimum stay 7 nights
- Maximum unit length 8m
- BBQs permitted (gas only)
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities
has the following facilities on or around the site.
The campsite is an established facility run by a Dutch and French couple. There are other staff on site and English is spoken. The site is roughly split about 60% towards static caravans, permanent tents and safari tents and 40% for tenters and touring caravans. There is a good variety of full sun / partial shade / full shade pitches available – you should specify your requirements at the time of booking. Don’t forget to take toilet roll because it is not provided in the cubicles! Water points are dotted all over the site. Be warned there are a few biting midges about so take your jungle formula for evenings.
Onsite there is a bar and pizzeria. Food is basic but good and the beer is cold and on draught. It is possible to order bread for the mornings but there is no shop on site. the pools are warm water and clean. there are play areas as well on site.
This site would be excellent for families with younger children and older couples with no kids as I think older teenagers could get easily bored with the limited facilities available.
- Towing: Moderate
- Location: Country,Coastal
- Suitable For: Families,Older couples,Younger couples
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.