A modern, well-equipped site
La Bahamas Beach is very well situated on one of the most popular stretches of the Vendée coastline, just to the south of St. Gilles-Croix-de-Vie. Road noise can be heard on some pitches. There are many static units on site, but touring pitches are still reasonably sized for the coastal location. A footpath direct from the site takes about 15 minutes to the beach while another path goes to St. Gilles itself. There’s a classic French holiday atmosphere on site, with English spoken at reception. Nearby St. Gilles-Croix-de-Vie is very popular for its shops and markets, including a high season evening market.
- Coastal setting, ideal for beach and cycle route
- Vendée coast cycle route adjacent, beach 1100 yards, St. Gilles-Croix-de-Vie one and a half miles, Les Sables-d’Olonne 18 miles, Puy du Fou 62 miles
- Modern facilities set in open camping area adjacent to sand dunes and estuary of the River Vie
- High season – popular, busy site with great activities and good range of facilities for all the family
- Low season – quieter, with most services operating from June, statics busy during holiday weekends
- Run by Ludovic Dinaud for the Chadotel sites chain, sister site to La Trévillière, La Bolée d'Air and Domaine d'Oléron, English spoken
- Maximum unit length 8.5m
- 2014, 25.7-18.8 minimum stay 7 nights
- BBQs permitted (gas and charcoal only)
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities
Le Bahamas Beach
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.