Breathtaking scenery in a beautiful Alpine valley setting
A really friendly site with top-notch facilities, in an area with wonderful walking and outstanding Bavarian cuisine. Fairytale castles including Neuschwanstein, of Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang fame, grace the lovely scenery, while Venice, Lake Garda, Innsbruck and the Dolomites can all be reached as day trips by car or arranged by the site.
- Set in a high Alpine valley and next to a lake
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen nine miles, Austria nine miles, Oberammergau 22 miles, Linderhof 23 miles, Neuschwanstein 49 miles, Munich 63 miles
- High season – popular and full; towns and roads can be busy, but you can always find a quiet spot
- Low season – a beautiful time in the mountains; with many facilities open all season, your private bathroom is a real advantage in cooler weather
- Owned and run by the Zick family, English spoken
- Low season deals for the retired and the over 60s – please ask for details
- 2015, 28.6-29.8 maximum unit length 9.5m
- BBQs permitted
- Dogs welcome
Dedicated accessible facilities - please ask for further details
has the following facilities on or around the site.
Open and part-shaded pitches; all with electricity (16A payable on site), a few next to the lake
Snacks and take-away
Play areas and youth room
Family excursions, guided walks and children's ativities
Winter caravan pitching service (request when booking)
Highest quality wash blocks, with a private bathroom included in your booking
Well stocked shop, including camping sundries
Free bus pass, site to Krün and Mittenwald
Dishwashers, washing machines, free dryers
We had a private bathroom on this site which was so handy and unusual. Very clean never in a mess.
The restaurant on site is superb even locals travel to eat there.
The staff were helpful, the shop stocks the usual fare but a large range of camping accessories, the sites unfortunately were not grass but a hardstanding with very small stones which made a mess of the van floor.
The villages round the site were charming with good shops selling a good range of food, drinks and souvenirs. A hotel on the other side of the main road also had a very good menu and an excellent selection of beer and wine.
Walking in this area is excellent with a wide variety of walks for all levels of fitness and experience.
We took a bus trip to Munich which was handy as the traffic there is very busy and parking at a premium, the only downside was the commentary was in German. Although my wife has a good understanding of this language even she could not follow it as the driver spoke too quickly to understand.
All in all I would recommend this site to any of our friends and particularly the restaurant.
- Location: Country,Lake
- Suitable For: Older couples,Active break,Peaceful break
Sites often charge for an additional vehicle, including a car towed by a motorhome. You should also expect to pay extra for pets and awnings.
We only charge you for extra equipment if the site charges us.
Solo campers may be entitled to reduced pitch fees on some sites.
Please proceed to book in order to find the latest prices, availability, or if you are looking to start your stay within less than 2 weeks please call us.
More information on pricing can be found here.