Static Caravan Insurance - Accidental damage explained
Your static caravan is like a home from home, so understandably you want your Static Caravan Insurance to cover your unit for every possible eventuality. When researching and getting quotes, it is therefore important to ensure that the policies you are looking at provide great quality cover in addition to value for money.
A common term used in Static Caravan Insurance policies is ‘accidental damage’ and the level of cover for this may become a deciding factor when selecting your insurance provider. However, although this term is well-used by insurance providers, the meaning in relation to insurance can be difficult to translate, and some policies may have more limitations than others.
The term ‘accidental damage’ refers to a specific incident that occurs suddenly and harms your insured property. Club Care Insurance includes the following types of accidental damage in its Static Caravan Insurance policy:
- Any accidental breakage of fixed glass in your static caravan, such as in your windows, doors, fanlights or skylights
- Any accidental damage to your unit’s sanitary fixtures or any ceramic hobs that are fixed within your appliances
- Any accidental damage to underground pipework or cables on your site which you are responsible for
Exclusions to accidental damage within a Static Caravan Insurance policy from Club Care are largely related to routine maintenance costs or non-accidental faults given the nature of the unit to be insured. More specifically, exclusions include the following:
- The cost of routine maintenance
- The cost of redecoration
- Any accidental damage that occurs when your static caravan is lent out, let or sub-let to others who are uninsured
- Any accidental damage to contents within your static caravan such as mobile phones, sat-navs or laptops.
- Mechanical or electrical faults in your static caravan, such as breakdown or failure, faulty manufacture or deterioration
Club Care Insurance is a specialist provider of Static Caravan Insurance and its policies have been crafted by members of The Camping and Caravanning Club, for members. Club Care Insurance therefore provides some of the most comprehensive insurance policies in the leisure industry, including the level of ‘accidental damage’ that is covered.
Club Care Insurance also offers the option of enhanced cover if you feel that there is a risk of accidental damage cover that’s not mentioned above. Call an advisor on the telephone number below if you’d like to discuss this.
Unfortunately accidents do happen, so choosing a Static Caravan Insurance provider that can provide a good level of cover is important to protect your holiday home. Club Care Insurance offers Static Caravan Insurance from only £82, and the included accidental damage cover will offer you complete peace of mind. Get a quote today or call a specialist advisor on 0800 124 4633.