How to make a caravan insurance claim
Should you find yourself in the unfortunate position of having to make a claim on your Club Care caravan insurance, this is the procedure you will need to follow:
Numbers to call
To hasten the process we would ask you to refer to your “Evidence of Insurance” document and identify the name of the insurer:
Please contact Club Care on 01277 243051
Ageas Insurance Ltd
Please contact Club Care on 01277 243001
If you do not know which insurer provides your policy, please call Club Care customer services on 01277 243000.
When you call your insurer, make sure that you have your current certificate of insurance/evidence of insurance with you and confirm:
- Your policy number or the number shown on your certificate of insurance
- Your personal details
- The personal details of who was driving the car towing the caravan at the time of the accident or incident if applicable
- Full details of what happened
When making a claim, you will need to meet the conditions set out in your policy, which will include the following:
- You should report any loss or damage to Club Care that is likely to require you to make a claim as soon as possible.
- You should also make Club Care aware as soon as possible of any proceedings that are likely to be brought against you.
- A completed claim form must be returned within 30 days of discovery of the incident. The claim form will be sent to you once you contact your insurer.
- In the event of theft or a malicious incident causing you to make a claim, you must notify the police immediately.
- You must send copies of any letter or communication you receive relating to the claim as soon as you receive them.
- No property may be abandoned to the insurers, so the customer must continue to take responsibility for the caravan and their property following an incident unless or until agreed by insurers.
- You, or any person insured under the policy and making the claim, must give all the information and help that we need to settle the claim.
There are a number of reasons why you may need to make a claim on your touring caravan insurance policy, and we have outlined some of the most common along with advice of what to do in each situation below:
What to do if you have been involved in an accident
If you are involved in an accident in your caravan, then it is important to make sure that you don’t admit to any blame for the incident, or make any promises of payment before speaking to Club Care. While still on the scene you should gather the following information:
- The name and contact details of everyone involved in the accident.
- Insurance details of anyone else involved.
- The vehicle information of any other vehicles involved (such as registration number, make and model of vehicle, etc)
- The time and date of the accident.
- Any possible contributing factors to the accident, such as weather and traffic conditions.
- If possible and safe to do so, take photos of the accident scene and any damage caused.
- Make a note of any damage caused to both vehicles.
- Gather details of any eye witnesses that are on the scene.
What to do if damage has been caused to your caravan
If you find that your caravan has been damaged, whether through a weather-related incident, fire, or accidental damage then contact Club Care with the following details:
- Timeframes when you believe the incident took place.
- Where the caravan was when the incident happened.
- Details of anyone in the surrounding area that witnessed anything.
You should also take photographs of the damage so they can be used as evidence if they are needed.
What to do if your caravan is stolen
If you have your caravan stolen, then you should follow the steps below:
- Firstly, contact the police - if you’re holidaying on a site then inform the site owner who will be able to assist you in doing this.
- Once the police have been informed and you have a crime reference number, contact Club Care and report the theft to CRiS (Caravan Registrtaion and Identification Scheme) on 0203 282 1000.
- If you have installed a tracker system, contact the provider to let them know so they can begin to trace where the caravan is.
- If you are insured with Club Care, they will automatically list your caravan on the Caravan Theft Alerts system, but if you are with a different insurer you can do this yourself to let the caravan community know to look out for your caravan.
You can find out more information about what to do if your caravan is stolen on the Club Care Insurance website.
Our claims team pride themselves on providing help and support if you are involved in an accident or incident that requires you to make a claim on your touring caravan insurance. Should you need help at any time then just call our dedicated team on 01277 243000 who will be able to direct you to the right place.
To see what other customers thought of the procedure when they had to make a claim, watch our caravan insurance testimonial videos.