Camping and Caravanning still on the increase
Camping and Caravanning Magazine has once again proved it’s the largest circulatory magazine of its kind, according to the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC), which has announced its annual figures.
The magazine, which reflects the interests of campers regardless of how they chose to camp, has increased its circulation by 3.5% to 209,042 between the period of January to December 2007. The magazine is the member publication for The Camping and Caravanning Club which reflects the places and ways in which those members chose to camp. Any rise in circulation has a direct link with the increase in campers joining The Club.
Matthew Eastlake, Director of Marketing and Communications said: “I’m delighted to see the new figures. Camping and Caravanning is a leading publication which takes on board the needs of all campers. Regular contributions by David Bellamy plus a range of lifestyle and factual features enables the magazine to shout about the issues such as the environment, where to buy local produce plus advising on more practical topics.
“Higher circulation reflects the growth in camping in general which, in turn reflects the amount of money being spent by campers in the local economies. Camping and Caravanning Magazine hopes to reflect this growth and ultimately boost tourism in the UK and through The Clubs overseas side of the business abroad.”
For further information about The Camping and Caravanning Club’s publications, Sites and other benefits call 0845 130 7632
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us.
Notes to the Editor:
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 107 years old and is the world’s largest and oldest club for all forms of camping. It has over 100 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission – Forest Holidays – now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and three Cabin Sites.
- The Club’s overseas award-winning travel service provides 230 camp sites in 25 world wide countries.
- The Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABS) was founded in 1931 to provide an independent verification of circulation data figures to facilitate the buying and selling of advertising space within National newspapers. Today it provides independent verification of data for print, lists, databases and exhibitions. ABC is a non-profit organisation governed by a council of permanent and elected representatives from advertisers, advertising agencies, media owners and their representative trade bodies. It is a leading member of the International Federation of ABC's.
- National awards for 2007/8 include:
- Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree International Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
- Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
- Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
- Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland
- Scottish Thistle Awards, Glencoe Site highly commended 2006
- Tourism West Midlands 2007, Kingsbury Water Park awarded Silver
- Tourism West Midlands 2007, Leek Site was Highly Commended
- Barron’s UK’s favourite camp site 2007, Keswick