Get active with National Camping and Caravanning Week 2009
NCCW Logo 2009
Activity has never been so much fun! National Camping and Caravanning Week 2009, taking place between 23 – 29 May 2009, is encouraging campers to get involved with a range of outdoor pursuits taking place at or around Club Sites.
Involving the entire UK site network, this event will give campers the chance to hike, bike, twitch or fish over the bank holiday weekend. Visitors to Camping and Caravanning Club Sites and Certificated Sites will have the option of becoming involved in walks provided by the Ramblers Association, as well as on-site games and fun.
The National Camping Audit will take place once again, capturing the number of people enjoying this great pastime, as well as photography and drawing competitions for all the family. Partners including The International Caravan and Motorhome Show and Gelert have pledged to support the event.
Up to date information will be available through the dedicated NCCW website. The first place to find out more about all activities that are planned through the course of the week.
Nev Ramsbottom, Chairman of The Camping and Caravanning Club, says: "Campers not only enjoy the relaxation aspect of pitching up – many of us also enjoy a healthy lifestyle whilst we are on site. Whether your passion is walking or birdwatching, there are a variety of activities available, either direct from the site or in the immediate vicinity.
“Campers tend to be a healthy bunch, and we are encouraging everyone visiting the sites to get out, breathe in the fresh air and enjoy themselves!”
For more information on National Camping and Caravanning Week, please visit the NCCW website where you will find information about the events and camping offers.
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- Keep using your NCCW Pedometer! The person who has been the most ‘active’ (with the most number of steps since the International Caravan and Motorhome Show to Friday 29 May) will receive a wine hamper. Just email email@example.com with your results!
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 107 years old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has over 100 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and 3 Cabin Sites.
- National Camping and Caravanning Week (NCCW) was launched in 2001 by The Camping and Caravanning Club. The aim of this week is to raise the profile of camping amongst the general public. Its timing is deliberate to coincide with the Spring Bank Holiday, traditionally one of the busiest camping weeks of the year.
- National awards for 2007 include:
• The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree International Travel Service
• Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree International Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
• Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
• Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
• Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland
• Scottish Thistle Awards, Glencoe Site highly commended 2006
• Tourism West Midlands 2007, Kingsbury Water Park awarded Silver
• Tourism West Midlands 2007, Leek Site was Highly Commended
• Barron’s UK’s favourite camp site 2007, Keswick