New sites become part of Club network
Corfe Castle Club Site
Six new Camping and Caravanning Club Sites will join the network in 2009, boosting the Club’s network to 109 sites.
Responding to the increased interest in camping, caravanning and motorhoming, the new sites will add a total of 250 new pitches to the Club network, making a total of 16.968 pitches available nationwide.
Our Corfe Castle Site, on the Isle of Purbeck, opened its doors in June 2008, providing a gateway to the award-winning beaches of Dorset, as well as a choice of wonderful walks. This area has a variety of things to do and see, from viewing the majestic Lulworth Castle to snorkelling at The Purbeck Marine Wildlife Reserve.
New Sites Opening in late 2008/9
Dunbar in East Lothian, Scotland, replaces our Barns Ness Site in the same area. With a long sandy beach just yards away, you can spot various sea life or take part in a number of water sports. Dunbar’s position on the East Coast affords it a lot of sunshine. Opening date: September 2008.
Tavistock in Dartmoor lies to the west of the famous National Park. Exploration is the order of the day at this site, with paths, lanes and river views all accessible by foot. Nearby attractions make this site a treat for everyone. Opening date: November 2008.
Polstead in Suffolk will give conservation lovers a treat, as it is situated on the edge of a well known conservation area. With opportunities for both relaxation and nearby activities in this stunning area of the country, you will never be lost for things to do! Opening date: February 2009.
Dartmoor Barley Meadow will take your breath away with majestic wooded valleys and wind swept tors as standard. To the East of the National Park, the family will find a variety of attractions at their fingertips. Opening date: March 2009
Ashbourne in Derbyshire is perfectly sited for enjoying the peaks and dales of the area. With excellent local events and activities, you can construct your perfect holiday, whether this is arts, wildlife or history. Opening date: April 2009
Skye, on the Isle of Skye, at the shore of Lock Greshornish, provides visitors with stunning scenery and dramatic history. There is plenty for all the family to do, from Otter spotting to a tour of the Talisker Distillery. Keep your eyes peeled for the area’s famous Highland Cattle! Opening date: April 2009.
All of our new sites meet the high standards associated with our existing network. The Club continues to push the boundaries of quality camp sites in the UK, receiving national recognition through multiple awards each year. It continues to invest in and maintain the places favoured by holidaymakers.
Club Site pitches are available to members and non-members alike. The Club also has over 1,300 smaller, Certificated Sites which are a member-only benefit and provide accommodation for up to five caravans or motorhomes and as many tents as space allows, often in rural parts of the UK. The Club, in partnership with the Forestry Commission, also runs 24 Forest Holidays Sites – three of which are Cabin Sites.
For details of all new sites and opening details please refer to the website or call 0845 130 7632.
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us.
Notes to the Editor:
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 107 years old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has over 100 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and 3 Cabin Sites.
- National awards for 2007 include:
• The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree International Travel Service
• Practical Motorhome 2007 Sovereign Awards – Carefree International Travel Service awarded Gold Sovereign
• Loo of the Year 2007, Milarrochy Bay Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in Scotland
• Loo of the Year 2007, Kessingland Site - Winner Family Friendly Facilities in England
• Loo of the Year 2007, Glencoe Site – Winner Camping and Touring or Static Caravan Sites category in Scotland
• Scottish Thistle Awards, Glencoe Site highly commended 2006
• Tourism West Midlands 2007, Kingsbury Water Park awarded Silver
• Tourism West Midlands 2007, Leek Site was Highly Commended
• Barron’s UK’s favourite camp site 2007, Keswick