Blenheim Palace beckons for National Feast of Lanterns
Search Press Releases
Monday 10 August 2009
The premier event of The Camping and Caravanning Club’s rally calendar, the National Feast of Lanterns (NFOL), will take place at the picturesque Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire later this month.
NFOL 2009, hosted by Chiltern Region, will run from Thursday, August 20 to Monday, August 24.
The Palace itself is set in 2,100 acres of spectacular parkland and is home to the 11th Duke of Marlborough and the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill.
The theme for the annual Mardi Gras and ‘Lighting Up’ will this year be Time Travel.
The entertainment will include music for all ages from marching bands, Big Band sound, soloists and a disco.
Phil Masters said: “As Chairman of the Chiltern Region and the 2009 NFOL Organising Committee, we are delighted to be able to welcome all Club members to the 2009 NFOL at Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire.
“It has taken over four years of hard work by members of Chiltern Region and other Regions to get this event organised.
“To be able to offer members of our Club the opportunity of camping in the grounds of a world heritage site is an absolute privilege, and one that we could not have organised without the continual kind support of His Grace, 11th Duke of Marlborough and everyone at Blenheim Palace.”
John Hoy, Chief Executive of Blenheim Palace, added: “We are delighted to host The Camping and Caravanning Club’s National Feast of Lanterns, an event which is a very important part of our summer calendar and one which has been meticulously planned over several years.
“We hope that everyone will have a wonderful time over the four days of the event and that they will enjoy visiting Blenheim Palace and its award-winning Formal Gardens whilst they are here.”
For more information please visit www.nfol2009.co.uk and www.blenheimpalace.com
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- New to Camping was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Caravan Magazine Wow Factor Award 2008 – Milarrochy Bay Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree Travel Service
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up 2008 – Windermere Club Site