Club Sites Clean Up in Loo of the Year Grading
A number of Camping and Caravanning Club Sites have achieved impressive grades in the Loo of the Year Awards 2009 (LOYA).
Of the 21 Club Sites put forward in the Holiday Parks and Camping and Touring Sites category, 18 achieved a five-star grade (86%), two were awarded a four-star rating (10%) whilst just one picked up three stars.
The five star Club Sites are: Blackmore, Charmouth, Conkers, Corfe Castle, Dartmouth, Devizes, Dunbar, Folkestone, Glencoe, Kessingland, Kingsbury Water Park, Milarrochy Bay, Oswestry, Salisbury, Sandringham, Teversal, Thetford Forest and West Runton.
Sites Director Bob Hill said: “This is great news for all the Sites involved because as a Club we are all about raising standards in the provision of a most basic human need – a clean, hygienic and safe toilet.
“Huge credit should go to our Holiday Site Managers, Assistants and Franchisees who all work tirelessly to maintain high standards on Site.”
All 21 Sites will be presented with a certificate at the prestigious LOYA Event on Friday, December 4 at the National Motorcycle Museum, Birmingham.
The Club’s five-star Sites are also in contention for a national award.
The full results for 2009 will be posted on the awards website from 4pm on December 4, please click here for details.
Since its introduction in 1987, the annual Loo of the Year Awards competition has helped focus the spotlight on 'away from home' toilets throughout the UK.
The Awards are run independently and promoted by the British Toilet Association.
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- New to Camping was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site