Festive fun with The Camping and Caravanning Club
The summer camping season may have drawn to a close, but it remains business as usual for a number of Club Sites.
And with the festive season also just around the corner, The Friendly Club has confirmed that 24 of its Sites will remain open over both the Christmas and New Year period.
The list includes: Blackmore, Boroughbridge, Canterbury, Chertsey, Conkers, Dartmouth, Delamere Forest, Derwentwater, Devizes, Eskdale, Hertford, Kingsbury Water Park, Leek, Moffat, Oswestry, Polstead, Ravenglass, Scone, Tavistock, Teversal, Thetford Forest, Winchcombe and Windermere.
Advanced booking rates for this period already look promising as the camping bug continues to grip the nation but The Club is encouraging both members and non-members alike to help celebrate a successful year with some Christmas camping.
Sites Director Bob Hill said: “There is something special about camping and caravanning under the stars at Christmas and our Holiday Site Managers and Assistants as well as Franchisees always enter into the spirit of the occasion and make the experience and adventure as festive as possible.
“We have something to offer in all areas of the country and our Sites offer campers a fantastic opportunity to escape this festive season and enjoy the peace, quiet and natural beauty.”
To book your pitch, telephone The Club’s Contact Centre on 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or visit the Winter Camping page for a full list of sites with extended opening.
- Ends -
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- New to Camping was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Caravan Magazine Wow Factor Award 2008 – Milarrochy Bay Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Sites
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree Travel Service
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up 2008 – Windermere Club Site