Friendly Club Feel at October Show
Search Press Releases
Thursday 01 October 2009
The Camping and Caravanning Club will have a large presence at this month’s International Caravan & Motorhome 2009 at the NEC Birmingham (October 13 to 18).
As well as its Main Stand in Hall 18, The Club’s Motorhome Touring Holidays will offer show-goers a whole host of Worldwide Escapes on Stand C8, with tour guide presentations on the Friday and Saturday.
And following their recent partnership with Gulliver’s, a ‘KidsZone’ will operate in Hall 19 (Stand 46) from the Friday to the Sunday.
Gully Mouse and friends will be in attendance whilst children’s entertainment on the stand will include face-painting, balloon modelling, buggies, a snow-boarding simulator, a ‘Get Active’ mini-gym plus a whole lot more.
Julie Dalton, Managing Director of Gulliver’s, said: “The KidsZone is a great place for families to visit whilst enjoying the Show.
“Children can let off some steam on the doodlebugs and in the gym, or take part in some "Get Active" challenges led by Gully Mouse.
“We're delighted to be involved as Gulliver's places great emphasis on the importance of people getting out into the open air, and the Show is a fantastic opportunity to let everyone know about our partnership with The Camping and Caravanning Club.”
The Friendly Club is also sponsoring the Show crèche, which is free for two hours for children aged between two and nine-years-old whilst a free towing experience with expert advice from The Club’s qualified Manoeuvring Course Instructors is also available during the week.
Director General Robert Louden, who will help officially open the Show at The Club’s Press Breakfast on the Tuesday morning, added: “It has been another terrific year for The Club and we want to make sure that more and more people continue to enjoy the outdoor lifestyle.
“Our stand staff will be able to offer practical advice and suggestions for trips both at home and abroad whilst our partnership with Gulliver’s is certain to attract a huge amount of interest.”
To download your discount voucher for ‘Family Sunday’ with The Camping and Caravanning Club please click on the voucher link.
For further information about the Show please click on the show link.
For further media information or pictures please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
- New to Camping was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site
- Caravan Magazine Wow Factor Award 2008 – Milarrochy Bay Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2008, Delamont Country Park Club Site – Winner Holiday Parks category in Northern Ireland
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2008 Gold Award – Charmouth, Glencoe and Trewan Hall Club Site
- The Maison de la France Tour Operator Awards for Best Camping/Mobile Home Operator 2008 - Carefree Travel Service
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up 2008 – Windermere Club Site