Great Adventures Abroad with The Camping and Caravanning Club
Search Press Releases
Tuesday 16 February 2010
If escaping to warmer climes is what you are after this summer, then The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Carefree Travel Service can provide you with everything you need for that special adventure.
The Club’s Summer Camping 2010 brochure is packed full of hand-picked European sites with six new additions in different destinations.
Five of those new sites are situated in particularly beautiful locations in France - just by Mont St.-Michel in Normandy, overlooking Jersey and Guernsey on Normandy’s Cotentin Peninsula, at the up-market Breton yachting resort of La Trinité-sur-Mer, on the Charente-Maritime coast in France’s south-west and at Sampzon in the heart of the Ardèche gorges.
Another new site is in Duinrell, which is within walking distance of the attractive village of Wassenaar in The Netherlands.
Duinrell is much more than just a campsite with its own amusement park, pool complex and themed restaurants.
There is also information on The Club’s popular rallies together with the camp site information about the sites where they are held.
Travel Services Director Richard Grimsdale said: “There is just so much to choose from in our Summer Camping 2010 brochure as we continually look to refresh our summer programme.
“No matter how near or far from home you choose to travel, you can trust our tailor-made insurance, maps and guides, local knowledge and advice.”
All travel arrangements made with Carefree have not only the backing of The Club, but are ABTA (The Association of British Travel Agents) and ATOL (Air Travel Organiser’s Licence) protected too.
For further information please telephone 0845 130 7701 or 024 7642 2024 or visit The Club website.
The Summer Camping 2010 brochure, which also includes information on rallies and worldwide travel, is free to members.
- Ends -
For further media information or images, please Contact
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 108-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 21 Camping and Caravanning and six Cabin Sites.
2. New to Camping was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
3. National awards include:
• AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
• Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
• Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
• Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
• Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
• Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
• Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
• Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)
• Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
• Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
• Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
• MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site