Club Celebrates 1500 Certificated Sites
The Camping and Caravanning Club is celebrating the addition of the 1,500th Certificated Site to its network of small sites across the UK.
The landmark figure was reached with the Certification of Dyfed Shire Horse Farm in Pembrokeshire.
The site is in a secluded and picturesque area of the farm and campers have free access to its facilities for the duration of their stay.
The farm is a member of Farms for Schools, which means their facilities meet required standards for health and safety and educational resources.
Site owner, Huw Murphy, said: “We were looking to diversify from our core business and noticed that a lot of our visitors were camping in the area.
“As campers with two young children ourselves, we wanted to provide a smaller, less commercialised site similar to those we often look for when booking our own holidays.”
Facilities on site include toilets and showers, a farm trail and an onsite shop and cafe where campers can pre-order breakfasts and lunches.
Attractions on the farm itself include Shire Horses, rare-breed sheep and pigs, indoor and outdoor play areas and donkey rides.
The Club’s Exempted Camping Manager, Damien Field, said: “We are delighted to have achieved this milestone, which means we can offer our members more places to camp than ever before.
“Dyfed Shire Horse Farm is an excellent example of some of the diverse attractions our Certificated Sites offer and we’re pleased to welcome owners Huw and Nikki to the network.”
To book a pitch at Dyfed Shire Horse Farm, please contact the site directly on 01239 891 107 or visit: www.siteseeker.co.uk. For more information on Certificated Sites, please visit www.certsites.co.uk.
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)