Camping in the Forest Launches New Website
Search Press Releases
Monday 16 April 2012
Camping in the Forest has launched its new-look website to celebrate the start of the 2012 summer camping season.
The new website (www.campingintheforest.co.uk) offers an interactive online experience, bringing Camping in the Forest Sites and their natural woodland surroundings to life – users may even spot their favourite forest friends when searching for their perfect camping holiday!
And it’s not just the web design that has changed; campers can enjoy the ease of navigation, late availability features, a new online search facility and integrated social media sharing buttons.
The brand has also continued to move with the times developing a responsive site that is compatible with computers, laptops, mobiles, tablets and other electronic devices.
Campers will find it easy to book a pitch on any of the 20 Camping in the Forest Sites, each located in idyllic woodland on Forestry Commission Land, as the website also offers a ‘click to call’ facility for mobile use.
The Camping in the Forest website currently attracts approximately over 182,000 unique visitors a month.
Bob Hill, Club Sites Director, is delighted with the new website and he said: “Internet usage is growing at an accelerated rate and it’s important for us to provide our campers with the same interactive experience, online as we do on our campsites.
“The new design is a big step forward for the Camping in the Forest brand and we hope it will enable holidaymakers to book their camping holidays – regardless of their location when booking or the device they use.
“Our Camping in the Forest campsites offer a true forest experience; each site has a relaxed, unregimented atmosphere, friendly staff and some sites even have their very own Forest Ranger to help holidaymakers to explore and experience all that the country’s woodland has to offer.”
In addition to the website, campers can also follow Camping in the Forest on Facebook; www.facebook.com/forestholidays and Twitter; www.twitter.com/forest_holidays for updates on all of the latest camping news and competitions.
To book a pitch on any of our Camping in the Forest Sites, please contact: 0845 130 8224 or online: www.campingintheforest.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 111-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Camping in the Forest Touring Sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2011 Finalist – Real Richness: The List (Integrated Communications, Not-for-Profit, Consumer Relations)
- Marketing Week Engage 2011 Awards Finalist (PR) – New to Camping
- AA Campsite of the Year Scotland 2012- Skye Club Site
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Ashbourne, Corfe Castle, Charmouth, Folkestone (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Lauder (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Barnard Castle, Dunbar (Bronze)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (Not-for-Profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (Consumer Relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site