Ordnance Survey Partnerships Allows Club Members to Discover More
The Camping and Caravanning Club has agreed a unique partnership package with Ordnance Survey Leisure.
Ordnance Survey is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and one of the world’s largest producers of maps.
The Club will work with Ordnance Survey over the next 12 months to help campers and caravanners get the very most out of their domestic holidays.
Via a dedicated bespoke landing page on the OS Leisure website, there will be discounts available for the new OS Custom Made site centred maps (Club and Camping in the Forest Site-centred maps also available on site), getamap annual subscriptions and other products.
This will enable members to make the most of the OS Leisure Portal including getamap with features such as map views, recommended routes as well as being able to draw and share their own routes.
The new OS Explorer (1:25 000 scale) and Landranger (1:50 000 scale) custom made maps allow anyone to customise their own map, choose their own title and select an individual cover image from a wide selection photographs.
Ruth Doyle, the Club’s Marketing & Communications Director, is delighted to have teamed up with Ordnance Survey and said: “Our campers love walking, cycling and running when they stay on our sites and Ordnance Survey maps are an excellent way for them to discover a new area.
“With so many more people enjoying the great outdoors these days, we think everyone could get more out of their break using the most up-to-date mapping available, whether that’s paper or digital.”
Alastair Tinker, OS’s B2C Commercial Channel Manager, added: “I am really excited by our new partnership. This is a great opportunity for both organisations to work together to help their customers get the most out of their outdoor experience. ”
For more information visit www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/ordnancesurvey
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 111-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Camping in the Forest Touring Sites.
- http://www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- http://www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2011 Finalist – Real Richness: The List (Integrated Communications, Not-for-Profit, Consumer Relations)
- Marketing Week Engage 2011 Awards Finalist (PR) – New to Camping
- AA Campsite of the Year Scotland 2012- Skye Club Site
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Ashbourne, Corfe Castle, Charmouth, Folkestone (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Lauder (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Barnard Castle, Dunbar (Bronze)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (Not-for-Profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (Consumer Relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site