Camping in the Forest Pitch Prize Draw
Search Press Releases
Friday 17 February 2012
Camping in the Forest 2012 Brochure
Camping in the Forest has today launched a prize draw to win a 2013 seasonal pitch package worth up to the value of £1,800!
Every camper that books a summer seasonal pitch package on a Camping in the Forest campsite in 2012 will be automatically entered into the draw.
The winner will be announced on Wednesday, October 31, 2012.
And there is plenty of pitch inspiration as this week, Camping in the Forest launched a newly designed Camping and Caravanning brochure for 2012 which encourages campers to step closer to nature and camp under the forest canopy.
Featuring 20 Camping in the Forest Sites, each located in unspoilt, idyllic locations on Forestry Commission land across the UK, the brochure captures the spirit of the forest and its many attractions.
New additions to the brochure include; maps, clearer pricing charts, facility information and additional imagery – you may even spot an insect or two lurking around the pages!
For campers looking for a full facility site or something a little more rural, Camping in the Forest Sites have a pitch to suit all tastes.
A huge range of offsite activities are available including; fishing, cycling, archery, horse riding, climbing, watersports and forest walks
Campers of all ages will also enjoy exploring the forest with Camping in the Forest’s dedicated Forest Rangers. This service is available on selected sites.
Bob Hill, Sites Director, said: “Camping holidays are all about freedom and adventure and our new Camping in the Forest brochure is certain to capture the imagination of our holidaymakers.
“Eighteen of our Camping in the Forest Sites have seasonal pitches so there’s plenty of choice for those campers who want to explore a new area without having to tow.
“Our Camping in the Forest Sites offer picturesque camping pitches - so whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway in the seclusion of the trees, a relaxing break or an activity-packed family holiday, we have the perfect holiday for you.”
The Camping in the Forest Brochure is available now online: http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/about_us/holiday_brochures.aspx?_height=583&_width=1345
To book a pitch on any of our Camping in the Forest Sites, please contact: 0845 130 8224 or online: http://camping.forestholidays.co.uk/camping_and_caravanning
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- Camping in the Forest offers naturally inspired short breaks and holidays set amongst the woodlands of the Forestry Commission and is managed under agreement by The Camping and Caravanning Club.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club took over the management of all Camping in the Forest Sites from November 1, 2010.
- There are 20 award-winning Camping in the Forest Sites across the UK: Ardgartan, Cashel, Cobleland, Glenmore, Bracelands, Christchurch, Aldridge Hill, Ashurst, Denny Wood, Matley Wood, Hollands Wood, Homsley, Ocknell, Longbeech, Roundhill, Setthorns, Beddgelert, Spiers House, Thorpe, Postern Hill.
- Camping in the Forest Sites offer Forest Ranger experiences including: Dusk watch, Forest Survival and Young Explorers and self-lead activities.
- National Awards include:
- 18 Gold David Bellamy Conservation Awards 2011
- 2 Silver David Bellamy Conservation Awards 2011
- 6 Gold Green Tourism Business Scheme Awards 2011
- 9 Silver Green Tourism Business Scheme Awards 2011
- 5 Silver Green Tourism Business Scheme Awards 2011