Club adds Windsor Great Park Campsite to its Summer of 2012 Portfolio
Windsor Great Park
The Camping and Caravanning Club is delighted to have signed an agreement with The Crown Estate to operate Windsor Great Park Campsite during the summer of 2012 – just a 30 minute walk from Windsor Castle!
The site, which will run from Friday, July 20, 2012 to Thursday, August 16, boasts 286 pitches, will offer onsite catering and is situated within the Windsor Estate, which includes the Great Park itself, The Royal Landscape comprising The Savill Garden, The Valley Gardens and Virginia Water Lake, and the Windsor and Swinley Forests.
The campsite is adjacent to the world famous Long Walk which links Windsor Castle with Snow Hill whilst the Olympic rowing and flat water canoeing and kayaking venue at Eton Dorney Lake is just two miles away.
An official Olympic Park and Ride hub will be in operation from Windsor Great Park for those with Olympic tickets using the campsite. Separate charges will apply for this facility.
Meanwhile, there is an open air theatre scheduled on The Lawns in The Savill Garden for August 9 and 10 when The Pantaloons will perform The Importance of Being Earnest and The Savill Garden and Savill Building will remain open daily until 8.30pm during the Games, with special admission offers for all campsite patrons.
The agreement is a major addition to the Club’s summer of 2012 portfolio which already includes four event sites close to the sporting action in July and August.
Membership Services Director Paul Jones is delighted to have teamed up with The Crown Estate.
He said: “Windsor is renowned for its rich cultural heritage and beautiful natural scenery and that’s why we are thrilled to be working with The Crown Estate to offer an affordable yet attractive accommodation experience during the summer of 2012.
“Our research shows that people are holidaying at home more frequently and enjoying those experiences on offer.
“It is essential that the Club does its bit during such an important year to reinforce this trend and help strengthen the future of tourism.”
Philip Everett, Deputy Ranger, Windsor Great Park, added: “The Crown Estate is delighted to be working with The Camping and Caravanning Club to help provide this campsite at Windsor Great Park.
“This is a unique opportunity to camp in the Park and we are pleased to be able to assist by providing an opportunity for much needed additional, and reasonably priced accommodation in Windsor around the period of the Games.
“Not only is the campsite close to the Olympic events at Eton Dorney Lake, but it is the ideal base from which to explore the area.”
Camping at Windsor Great Park Campsite will cost £40 per pitch a night, based on a minimum three-night stay, and will be open to members and non-members. Club rules will apply throughout.
Bookings are now being taken via the Club’s Contact Centre on 024 7647 5426 or 0845 130 7633.
There is also still availability on the Club’s other event sites at Gravesend, Culverstone, Romford and Lee Valley.
For more information visit: www.2012camping.co.uk
The London 2012 Olympic Games will be held in London and across the UK from July 27 to August 12, 2012, followed by the Paralympic Games from August 29 to September 9, 2012.
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 111-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Camping in the Forest Touring Sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is not a sponsor of, or in any way associated with, the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2011 Finalist – Real Richness: The List (Integrated Communications, Not-for-Profit, Consumer Relations)
- Marketing Week Engage 2011 Awards Finalist (PR) – New to Camping
- AA Campsite of the Year Scotland 2012- Skye Club Site
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Ashbourne, Corfe Castle, Charmouth, Folkestone (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Lauder (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Barnard Castle, Dunbar (Bronze)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (Not-for-Profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (Consumer Relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- The Crown Estate manages a highly diverse property business valued at more than £7 billion. It pays its surplus revenue (profit) to the Treasury for the benefit of the nation every year: in 2010/11 this was £230.9 million. Over the past 10 years The Crown Estate has paid nearly £2 billion to the Treasury. For more information visit www.thecrownestate.co.uk