Skye Wins Scottish Campsite of the Year
Skye Camping and Caravanning Club Site
Skye Camping and Caravanning Club Site has been named as the AA’s Scottish Campsite of the Year for 2012.
The Club Site, which is located in Edinbane on the Isle of Skye, received an excellent four pennant rating to secure its position.
And the good news does not finish there as Bellingham Club Site, in Northumberland, has been upgraded to five pennants.
Meanwhile, Eskdale, Teversal and Troutbeck Club Sites also achieved AA five pennant ratings.
It takes the total number of Club Franchise Sites with AA five premier pennants to four.
AA Inspector, Ewan Ross, visited Skye back in July and wrote in his report: “It’s a peaceful site and an ideal base to visit many tourist attractions in the area.
“It would be remiss not to comment on the quality of the amenity block in particular and site facilities in general, all of which reflect the owners attitude towards achieving excellent standards to meet customer expectations.”
The Club’s Franchisees, Nicky Sellier and David Weller, were delighted by the news and said: “We strive to provide exceptional customer service and it’s encouraging to receive such a recognised title.
“We hope this award will encourage campers to visit our site – it’s located on the shore of Loch Greshornish and offers beautiful views, yet it is still close to many local attractions for all to enjoy.”
Bob Hill, the Club’s Sites Director, added: “AA pennants are celebrated accolades and we would like to congratulate David, Nicky and their assistants for their on-going commitment to delivering Service Excellence.
“All of our franchise sites have performed exceptionally well and they should be proud of their achievements.
“Our Club Sites continue to excel and we hope this award will encourage campers to visit our Sites in the future.”
Cheddar and Corfe Castle Franchise Sites also achieved AA four star pennant ratings.
AA rated accommodation is assessed under a set of common quality standards agreed by the AA and the UK tourist authorities (VisitEngland, VisitScotland, VisitWales and the Northern Ireland Tourist Board).
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- For more information about Visit Peak District & Derbyshire visit www.visitpeakdistrict.com
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (not-for-profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (consumer relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2009 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)