And the Winner is...
Search Press Releases
Wednesday 25 January 2012
Brook House Farm Certificated Site
Brook House Farm Certificated Site has won the prestigious Best CS award for the second time in four years. The site was nominated by members of The Camping and Caravanning Club in 2011 after first winning the accolade in 2007.
The Certificated Site (CS) is in Middlewich, Cheshire in a secluded, rural location, but within easy reach of the region’s towns and cities.
Members’ reviews describe the site as “very clean and tidy and well laid out”, with one member saying, “It was a real joy to have stayed here”. Also rated highly was the “warm and friendly” welcome from the site’s owners, Alison and Adrian Smith.
Alison says, “We’re really pleased to have been nominated for the award again. We joined The Camping and Caravanning Club when our children were young and always thought we’d like to run our own site.
“One of the things we like best is looking over the site on a warm summer’s evening and seeing our campers sharing a barbecue and making friends. We love meeting new people and it makes us happy to see people enjoying the countryside.”
In 2010, Brook House Farm was also awarded a place in Practical Motorhome’s Top 25 Five-‘Van Sites, voted for by readers of the magazine.
Exempted Camping Manager, Damien Field, said, “We are delighted that Brook House Farm has been nominated for Best CS 2011. It’s good to see that the effort they have put into making their site an idyllic place to camp has been recognised by our members.”
As well as enjoying the peaceful atmosphere on the site, campers can treat themselves to some homemade goodies. A small shop on the site sells cakes and pies, chutneys, marmalades, jams and even ice cream, all made by Adrian’s mother, a long-time member of the WI.
Sponsored by Calor, the Best Certificated Site Award has proven a popular with members eager to gain recognition for their favourite sites. After seven very successful years, the award is being revamped to allow more sites the opportunity to shine.
From 2012, Club members will be able to nominate their favourite site in one of four categories: Best New CS (for sites that open in 2012); Best Hideaway CS (for sites in secluded and peaceful locations); Best CS for Families; and Best Friendly Club Welcome at a CS. An overall winner will be selected from the category winners and named CS of the Year.
For more information about the CS of the Year competition, please visit csoftheyear.co.uk. To book a pitch at Brook House Farm, please call the site on 01606 592 156. For general information about Certificated Sites, please visit cersites.co.uk.
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 110-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 109 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Camping in the Forest Touring Sites.
- www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2011 Finalist – Real Richness: The List (Integrated Communications, Not-for-Profit, Consumer Relations)
- Marketing Week Engage 2011 Awards Finalist (PR) – New to Camping
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Ashbourne, Corfe Castle, Charmouth, Folkestone (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Lauder (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Barnard Castle, Dunbar (Bronze)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (Not-for-Profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (Consumer Relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site