Royal Visit Confirmed for Windsor Great Park
His Royal Highness The Earl of Wessex will be The Camping and Caravanning Club’s guest of honour at Windsor Great Park on Tuesday, July 24.
As a trustee of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award (DofE), HRH will help commemorate The Duke of Edinburgh’s 60th anniversary as Club Patron by presenting equipment, supplied by partners Vango, to young people of Wexham School, Slough who will be starting their DofE programmes in September.
The Club is working with Vango to provide camping equipment ‘starter packs’ as a gift to each of the 10 DofE Regions across the country.
Each starter pack consists of tents, cookers, sleeping bags, rucksacks, trek mats, compasses, and cutlery sets.
Stephen Newlands, Vango’s Group Managing Director, said: “We are delighted to be involved in celebrating His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh’s 60th anniversary as the Club’s Patron.
“As long term partners of The Camping and Caravanning Club and The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, it is such a great privilege to be able to support young people as they progress through their DofE programmes.”
Robert Louden, the Club’s Director General, is delighted that The Earl of Wessex has agreed to attend.
He added: “The Club has always valued its Royal Patronage and therefore it will be an honour to welcome The Earl of Wessex to Windsor Great Park later this month.
“Our Club Sites are regularly used for DofE activities, so we know at first-hand how the programme can transform lives.”
Peter Westgarth, Chief Executive of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, said: “We are incredibly grateful to The Camping and Caravanning Club and Vango for their generous gift.
“It will make a huge difference to Wexham School, particularly as it is a newly established centre, working in a deprived area of the county. It is also a privilege to have The Earl of Wessex on hand to present the group with their kit.
“We look forward to building a continued relationship with these organisations, helping to support our young people to realise their potential and develop skills for life and work.”
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 111-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Camping in the Forest Touring Sites.
- http://www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- http://www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is for all young people (14-24) and more than 280,000 participants do their DofE every year. It is highly valued by employers, and participants and leaders alike believe the DofE develops the skills, confidence and commitment needed to get into work.
- Vango has been an approved manufacturer of DofE recommended kit for over four years and regularly works with the association to ensure the equipment supplied meets the DofE’s high standards in terms of quality, safety and durability.