Club Launches New Breakdown Cover for Tent Campers
The Camping and Caravanning Club has been working with RAC to develop a new bespoke breakdown product for Club members who own a tent.
For the first time, the Club’s official breakdown service provider will offer a number of unique benefits which have been specifically developed with tent campers in mind – and at a discounted rate!
RAC is offering a 40 per-cent discount on the new tent product compared to standard RAC Arrival prices both at point of purchase*.
Unique benefits on offer include; ‘Off Road’, ‘Re-Unite’ and ‘Arrival Return’.
‘Off Road’ assistance will cover you if your car breaks down whilst you are on a campsite, providing access can be gained to the site.
‘Re-Unite’ will aid your roadside recovery if you’re away from your campsite and have a problem with your car that can’t be fixed at the roadside**. Trained RAC patrols will take you back to your campsite and then either to a local garage or back to your home^.
For extra peace of mind, those vehicles that cannot be repaired at the roadside or a local garage within a reasonable time, ‘Arrival Return’ will recover you to your campsite. If then your car cannot be repaired by a local garage then RAC will arrange a second recovery back home at the end of your holiday at no extra cost.
Nick Imms, RAC’s Arrival Representative, said: “Due to high demand from Club members, we are delighted to be able to provide what we’re sure is to be a popular product for tent campers.
“With four out of five† vehicles successfully fixed on the spot and more patrols per member than any other service***, you know that you, your family and your holiday are in safe hands.”
Paul Jones, the Club’s Membership Services Director, added: “Member feedback is important to us and we’re certain this new Arrival product will benefit our tent campers. We’ve worked with RAC for over 20 years and it is one of the country’s leading breakdown service providers.”
Arrival is exclusive RAC Breakdown Cover for Camping and Caravanning Club members, for cars, caravans, motorhomes or trailers.
For more information visit: www.racarrival.co.uk or call; 08000 674 292 and quote TNTG02
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
- The Camping and Caravanning Club is 111-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Camping in the Forest Touring Sites.
- http://www.realrichness.co.uk was launched on Monday, April 18, 2011.
- http://www.newtocamping.co.uk incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
- National awards include:
- Cotswold Tourism Awards 2012 (Caravan or Camping Site of the Year) – Winchcombe Club Site
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2011 Finalist – Real Richness: The List (Integrated Communications, Not-for-Profit, Consumer Relations)
- Marketing Week Engage 2011 Awards Finalist (PR) – New to Camping
- AA Campsite of the Year Scotland 2012- Skye Club Site
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Ashbourne, Corfe Castle, Charmouth, Folkestone (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Lauder (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2012 – Barnard Castle, Dunbar (Bronze)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Gold Winner – New to Camping (Not-for-Profit)
- Midlands CIPR PRide Awards 2010 Silver Winner – New to Camping (Consumer Relations)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Skye Club Site (Scotland)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Which Motorhome Sites of the Year 2011- Dunbar Club Site
*40% saving on the standard price for the equivalent RAC products plus the additional benefits of Arrival Camping (refer to our full Arrival Camping Terms and Conditions for details). 40% saving applies for the first year and on renewal the following year, thereafter Club members will receive a 25% discount from the standard price every year they renew. Based on payment on a continuous annual basis. Prices may vary if payment is made by other methods. Offer applies to all levels of personal based cover. Prices are subject to change. RAC reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time. Provided by RAC Motoring Services and/or RAC Insurance Limited. RAC Motoring Services (Registered in England No: 01424399. Registered Office: RAC House, Brockhurst Crescent, Walsall WS5 4AW) and RAC Insurance Limited (Registered in England No: 2355834. Registered Office: RAC House, Brockhurst Crescent, Walsall WS5 4AW) are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
** Up to a distance of a 45 mile radius.
^Applies if you break down at least one mile from your home and we cannot repair the vehicle within a reasonable amount of time.
†Source: RAC Measurement and Insight – Jan 2011. Excludes accidents and extreme failures.
***Source: Mintel UK Recovery Services, September 2010. Based on service providers using own dedicated patrol force.