Camping in the Forest Sees Major Boost in Scottish Site Bookings
Search Press Releases
Wednesday 23 July 2014
Cobleland Camping in the Forest Site
Camping in the Forest has seen a huge rise in advance bookings on its Scottish campsites that are in close proximity to Glasgow this summer.
Glasgow is set to take centre stage in global sport and there is expected to be a large increase in inbound tourism over the coming weeks.
And Camping in the Forest can confirm this positive trend as the campsite provider has recorded a 334% increase in the number of advance bookings on its Cobleland and Cashel sites between Wednesday, 23 July and Sunday, 3 August, 2014.
With the cost of accommodation rising during this period, many holidaymakers are looking for inexpensive holiday options and Camping in the Forest provides unique locations at a low cost.
For just £26.50 per pitch per night, a family of four can enjoy beautiful forest surroundings whilst still being in close proximity to Scotland’s largest city.
And there’s even more good news as those who are looking to pitch up for the final nights of the showcase Glaswegian event in August will be eligible to receive an additional 20% off their pitch prices if they book between 16-30July*.
For more information on Camping in the Forest’s sites in Scotland, visit: http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/scotland. Further details on the 20% discount can be found here: http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/news/2014/07/20-off-grass-pitches
Bob Hill, Sites Director for Camping in the Forest, said: “Our Scottish campsites have always been popular holiday locations, but demand has risen dramatically due to international interest in sport. Not only is this fantastic news for us as a leading holiday provider, it’s also really positive for the local area as a whole.
“Despite the high demand, we do still have a few pitches available for this busy period so if you’d like to soak up the atmosphere, there’s still time to book!”
Camping in the Forest operates entirely within the Forestry Commission Estate and provides camping holidays at 16 unique locations in England, Scotland and Wales.
Book a pitch at a Camping in the Forest site by calling; 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426 or online; www.campingintheforest.co.uk
For further media information or images, please Contact Us
Notes for editors
- Camping in the Forest is a partnership between the Forestry Commission and The Camping and Caravanning Club.
- Camping in the Forest operates entirely within the Forestry Commission Estate and provides camping holidays at 16 beautiful locations in England, Scotland and Wales.
* 20% discount offer:
- The 20% off deal is for a booking made between 16th July – 30th July for arrivals on a Camping in the Forest campsite from 3rd August to 30th September, inclusive and only for Sunday – Thursday nights (excluding UK Bank Holiday dates 22/08/14 – 25/08/14, Scottish sites booking offer covers 04/08/14 – 30/09/14 incs).
- Pitch type - Grass only. No upgrade to premium and select pitches.
- Open to members and non-members.
- Offer available to all arrival dates excluding Bank Holiday dates.
- Offer is available when booking through our Contact Centre on 024 7767 4174 or online using a given promotional code CITF20.
- 100% deposit must be paid in full at the time of booking and is non-refundable.
- Offer is available on all 16 Camping in the Forest sites.
- Offer cannot be taken together with, “Age Concession Rate” and “Backpacker” rate.
- Offer can be taken together with the following discounts, “Family Discount”, “Solo Camper Discount”, and “CCC Member Discount”.
- A minimum of two consecutive nights booking is required, with a maximum of 28 nights permitted.
- Discount does not apply to Rally or Duke of Edinburgh bookings.
- Camping in the Forest reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
- Terms and conditions subject to change. See http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/terms-and-conditions for further details.
- All prices include VAT at the current rate.