Chase the sun
Exclusive to members
Entering our exclusive competitions is easy.
Just answer the questions – you’ll find the answers somewhere on this page – and follow the instructions carefully.
One entry is permitted per membership number.
Winners will be selected after the closing date of 1 August 2016.
The Editor’s decision is final and no telephone enquiries or further correspondence will be entered in to. We also can’t offer a cash alternative to the prizes. Unfortunately employees of the Camping and Caravanning Club, Brittany Ferries, the campsites mentioned, their agents or relatives may not enter.
See below for full terms and conditions.
This competition has now closed. Thank you for entering. Our winners will be announced shortly.
Winter may seem far off but there’s nothing like forward planning. To mark the publication of our new Winter Sun Camping guide (below) we’re giving two lucky winners the chance to bag a month-long stay at one of the Club’s European Travel Service winter sun campsites on the Continent, complete with a ferry crossing.
Our two exclusive camping breaks, one in Spain, one in Portugal, will include return crossings to either Santander or Bilbao, courtesy of Brittany Ferries, with one standard car plus towed unit or motorhome with a two-berth inside cabin each way (subject to availability). Camping will be included in the prize at one of two possible sites – Alegria del Mar at Benicarló on the Costa del Azahar in Spain, or Turiscampo near Lagos on Portugal’s Algarve.
There are 30-night stays available at both sites and your pitch will come with a 6A hook-up point. In both cases the prize includes the fee for your vehicle and two adults.
Alegria del Mar is a 148-pitch site just outside the lovely year-round resort of Benicarló. Our first winner will be able to stay at Alegria del Mar any time from 1 September 2016 to 30 June 2017.
Turiscampo on the Algarve is a 383-pitch site with great facilities. Nearby are white sandy beaches and the most southerly point of mainland Europe, Cape St Vincent, 12 miles away.
Our second winner will be able to stay at Turiscampo any time from 15 October to 31 December 2016, and will also be welcome to join our Winter Sun rally, from 12 December.
Please note any additional pitch nights, travel or accommodation can be arranged by the Club but will not be included in the prize.
The Club also offers a five per cent discount on Brittany Ferries’ services to Spain during the winter and the ships offer dog-friendly cabins for those travelling with a pet.
Our 2016/17 Winter Sun Camping guide is available in late June, priced £10, which is refundable on booking. A complimentary copy will be sent to those who joined a Winter Sun rally or site last winter. It features ten rallies, 18 campsites, including a new site, and a wide network of en route sites. For more details go to the Travel abroad section of the Club website or call our European Travel Service on 024 7642 2024.
- How many pitches are there at Alegria del Mar?
- How many miles is Turiscampo from Cape St Vincent?
To be in with a chance of winning a 30-night stay in either Spain or Portugal as detailed above you’ll need to complete our competition entry form and answer the questions.
The Club has introduced a new set of terms and conditions for all competitions, giveaways and offers. Here, the magazine’s terms are printed in detail for the information of members.
Return to the Competitions entry page
Magazine competitions and giveaways including Crossword and Stuff pages.
- The competition or giveaway (‘Promotion’) is available to people 18 years of age and over. Proof of age may be required. Employees of The Camping and Caravanning Club, immediate family of The Camping and Caravanning Club employees and parties professionally associated with the promotion may not enter this promotion.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering the Promotion.
- You can enter competitions via campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk or by post to [name of competition] PO Box 78, Westwood Way, Coventry, CV4 8JH. You will need to correctly answer two questions. You can enter crosswords and giveaways by post to the same address. Please include your full name, membership number and phone number. Maximum of one entry per membership number.
- Closing date: All entries must be received by 11.59pm on the date specified in the competition, crossword or giveaway text. Entries can be submitted on a postcard, on the back of a sealed envelope or by placing an entry for each competition into a separate envelope. Each competition entry must have a separate postcard or envelope.
- Late, illegible, incomplete, photocopied, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The specified number of winner(s) will be selected by the judges at random from all complete, correct and eligible entries received before the closing date.
- For competitions requiring creative input, such as photography, the winning entry will be the entry which, in the opinion and sole discretion of the lead judge or the panel of judges, best fits the criteria stated by the competition text.
- Winner(s) will be notified by email, post or phone after the closing date.
- Prize: Details will be specified in the competition or giveaway text.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives in place of the stated prize. The Camping and Caravanning Club reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative of a similar value.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- If any winner is not able, for whatever reason, to accept a prize, or cannot be contacted within 14 days of the draw date, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- The Editor’s decision shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry rules and conditions will be disqualified.
- Details of prize winners’ names and county will be available for one month after the close of the Promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address set out below and stating the name and date of the Promotion.
- Winners may be required to take part in promotional activity for The Camping and Caravanning Club regarding their prize and agree to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration. Comments supplied by entrants may be used for marketing purposes.
- The Promoter will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering the Promotion.
- The Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of, or in connection with, this Promotion.
- Entry to the draw is free and no purchase is necessary. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
- These terms and conditions are available on campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk.
Promoter address: The Camping and Caravanning Club Ltd, Greenfields House, Westwood Way, Coventry CV4 8JH.
Postal response: Postal entries should be returned to The Camping and Caravanning Club at: [name of Promotion], PO Box 78, Greenfields House, Westwood Way, Coventry CV4 8JH.