Win a two-week holiday to the Isle of Wight
Exclusive to members
Entering our exclusive competition is easy. Just answer the questions – you’ll find the answers somewhere on the competition page – and follow the instructions carefully.
Please include your name and Club membership number with your entry so we can find your address.
Only one entry per membership is permitted.
Ferry travel is excluded on Bank Holiday weekends, all Saturdays in July and August, from 11 to 17 June and from 3 to 9 September. Sailings and stays at Adgestone Club Site are subject to availability.
Winners will be selected after the closing date of 10 May 2014.
The Editor’s decision is final and no telephone enquiries or correspondence will be entered in to. We also can’t offer a cash alternative to the prize. Unfortunately employees of the Club, Wightlink, their agents or relatives may not enter.
Read full competition terms and conditions below or call 024 7647 5274 to request a postal copy.
This competition has now ended. Many thanks to all those who entered.
April 2014 Mag competition - Win a two week holiday to the Isle of Wight
Spring is here and to celebrate we’re giving you the chance to win a fantastic holiday to the Isle of Wight.
We’ve teamed up with Wightlink Ferries to offer a return crossing to the Isle of Wight for up to four people travelling in a motorhome or a car towing a caravan or trailer.
The prize also includes a two-week stay at our 270-pitch Adgestone Club Site on a Club Service Pitch.
The Isle of Wight is a great holiday destination with its miles of sandy beaches and dramatic chalky coastline.
History buffs will be able to discover more about the island that was known by the Romans as Vectis and is home to the famous Carisbrooke Castle, a historic motte-and-bailey structure used to hold King Charles I prior to his trial and subsequent execution.
Elsewhere, beach lovers will be spoiled for choice with Sandown close to the Club Site and great for families, while there are plenty of facilities and activities at Shanklin, Ventnor, Cowes and Ryde too.
Queen Victoria made the island her summer holiday destination and had Osborne House, near Cowes, built for her family in 1845. The house is now maintained by English Heritage.
Other island attractions include Dinosaur Isle, the peaceful gorge of Shanklin Chine and Blackgang Chine with its mix of rides, goblins, dinosaurs and nursery rhyme characters. And after a busy day, you can unwind at Adgestone Club Site’s outdoor swimming pool.
If you’re not lucky enough to win the competition and would like to visit the Isle of Wight, then Club members can save up to 17.5 per cent off Wightlink car, caravan and trailer fares and up to 45 per cent off motorhomes more than 6m long and 2.25m high. For more information on how to take advantage of this member-only offer click here.
To enter you’ll need to complete our competition entry form and answer the following questions:
- Which king was held at Carisbrooke Castle?
- What name did the Romans give the Isle of Wight?
The Club has introduced a new set of terms and conditions for all competitions, giveaways and offers. Here, the magazine’s terms are printed in detail for the information of members.
Return to the Competitions entry page
Magazine competitions and giveaways including Crossword and Stuff pages.
- The competition or giveaway (‘Promotion’) is available to people 18 years of age and over. Proof of age may be required. Employees of The Camping and Caravanning Club, immediate family of The Camping and Caravanning Club employees and parties professionally associated with the promotion may not enter this promotion.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering the Promotion.
- You can enter competitions via campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk or by post to [name of competition] PO Box 78, Westwood Way, Coventry, CV4 8JH. You will need to correctly answer two questions. You can enter crosswords and giveaways by post to the same address. Please include your full name, membership number and phone number. Maximum of one entry per membership number.
- Closing date: All entries must be received by 11.59pm on the date specified in the competition, crossword or giveaway text. Entries can be submitted on a postcard, on the back of a sealed envelope or by placing an entry for each competition into a separate envelope. Each competition entry must have a separate postcard or envelope.
- Late, illegible, incomplete, photocopied, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The specified number of winner(s) will be selected by the judges at random from all complete, correct and eligible entries received before the closing date.
- For competitions requiring creative input, such as photography, the winning entry will be the entry which, in the opinion and sole discretion of the lead judge or the panel of judges, best fits the criteria stated by the competition text.
- Winner(s) will be notified by email, post or phone after the closing date.
- Prize: Details will be specified in the competition or giveaway text.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives in place of the stated prize. The Camping and Caravanning Club reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative of a similar value.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- If any winner is not able, for whatever reason, to accept a prize, or cannot be contacted within 14 days of the draw date, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- The Editor’s decision shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry rules and conditions will be disqualified.
- Details of prize winners’ names and county will be available for one month after the close of the Promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address set out below and stating the name and date of the Promotion.
- Winners may be required to take part in promotional activity for The Camping and Caravanning Club regarding their prize and agree to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration. Comments supplied by entrants may be used for marketing purposes.
- The Promoter will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering the Promotion.
- The Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of, or in connection with, this Promotion.
- Entry to the draw is free and no purchase is necessary. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
- These terms and conditions are available on campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk.
Promoter address: The Camping and Caravanning Club Ltd, Greenfields House, Westwood Way, Coventry CV4 8JH.
Postal response: Postal entries should be returned to The Camping and Caravanning Club at: [name of Promotion], PO Box 78, Greenfields House, Westwood Way, Coventry CV4 8JH.