Win a taste of adventure
Exclusive to members
Entering our exclusive competitions is easy. Just answer the questions at the end of the text – you’ll find the answers somewhere on the competition page – and follow the instructions carefully. Please include your name and Club membership number with your entry so we can find your address.
Only one entry per membership number is permitted.
Winners will be selected after the closing date of 1 July 2016.
Sorry folks, the Print Editor’s decision is final and no telephone enquiries or further correspondence will be entered in to. We also can’t offer a cash alternative to the prizes.
Employees of The Camping and Caravanning Club, Weber, Hunter Gather Cook Food School, Mason Williams, their agents or relatives may not enter.
See below for full competition terms and conditions or call 024 7647 5274 to request a postal copy.
This competition has now closed. Thank you for entering. The winner will be announced shortly.
Camping and cooking are intrinsically linked. Whether you’re wandering in the wilderness or tucked up nice and cosy on a Club Site, you’ll need to figure out what your next meal’s going to be.
This little problem gets a whole lot easier if you’re outdoor food expert Nick Weston, pictured, of the Hunter Gather Cook Food School, and you take Weber’s new Q1200 lightweight portable gas grill along with you.
To celebrate the launch of the Weber Q1200 – a small and portable gas grill that goes wherever you go – the Club has teamed up with Weber and renowned hunter gatherer Nick to offer a lucky member and their family an exclusive outdoor experience.
Weber and Nick will take you to Ashdown Forest in East Sussex, famously known as the home of Winnie the Pooh and friends, and teach you all you ever wanted to know about wild food, along with survival tips and advice on identifying seasonal wild edibles. All this will be followed by a feast in the great outdoors cooked by Weber’s expert chef.
Never mind that the British weather is sometimes on the cool side – the Q1200 comes in five new sizzling hot shades and you’ll win one in the colour of your choice as part of this prize.
You’ll be camping at our Crowborough Club Site in either August or September, with up to three nights’ stay and electric hook-up provided free of charge, for two adults and up to four children. Weber will cover your travel expenses.
So if firing up the barbecue is something you like to do in the great outdoors and not just in your back yard, then enter our Weber Wild Food Weekend competition by answering the questions below.
Please note, winners must be available in August and September 2016 and be happy to be photographed and filmed for Weber marketing purposes. Those entering online may opt to receive Weber marketing materials.
To be in with a chance of winning this fabulous money-can't-buy family camping and cooking experience you'll need to complete our competition entry form and answer the questions.
If you’re not lucky enough to win, you can still pick up a Q1200 for £250 from a range of retailers. Head to Weber's website for details of where to buy one.
- How many shades is the Weber Q1200 available in?
- Ashdown Forest is famous as the home of which fictional character?
The Club has introduced a new set of terms and conditions for all competitions, giveaways and offers. Here, the magazine’s terms are printed in detail for the information of members.
Return to the Competitions entry page
Magazine competitions and giveaways including Crossword and Stuff pages.
- The competition or giveaway (‘Promotion’) is available to people 18 years of age and over. Proof of age may be required. Employees of The Camping and Caravanning Club, immediate family of The Camping and Caravanning Club employees and parties professionally associated with the promotion may not enter this promotion.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering the Promotion.
- You can enter competitions via campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk or by post to [name of competition] PO Box 78, Westwood Way, Coventry, CV4 8JH. You will need to correctly answer two questions. You can enter crosswords and giveaways by post to the same address. Please include your full name, membership number and phone number. Maximum of one entry per membership number.
- Closing date: All entries must be received by 11.59pm on the date specified in the competition, crossword or giveaway text. Entries can be submitted on a postcard, on the back of a sealed envelope or by placing an entry for each competition into a separate envelope. Each competition entry must have a separate postcard or envelope.
- Late, illegible, incomplete, photocopied, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The specified number of winner(s) will be selected by the judges at random from all complete, correct and eligible entries received before the closing date.
- For competitions requiring creative input, such as photography, the winning entry will be the entry which, in the opinion and sole discretion of the lead judge or the panel of judges, best fits the criteria stated by the competition text.
- Winner(s) will be notified by email, post or phone after the closing date.
- Prize: Details will be specified in the competition or giveaway text.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives in place of the stated prize. The Camping and Caravanning Club reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative of a similar value.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- If any winner is not able, for whatever reason, to accept a prize, or cannot be contacted within 14 days of the draw date, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- The Editor’s decision shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry rules and conditions will be disqualified.
- Details of prize winners’ names and county will be available for one month after the close of the Promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address set out below and stating the name and date of the Promotion.
- Winners may be required to take part in promotional activity for The Camping and Caravanning Club regarding their prize and agree to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration. Comments supplied by entrants may be used for marketing purposes.
- The Promoter will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering the Promotion.
- The Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of, or in connection with, this Promotion.
- Entry to the draw is free and no purchase is necessary. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
- These terms and conditions are available on campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk.
Promoter address: The Camping and Caravanning Club Ltd, Greenfields House, Westwood Way, Coventry CV4 8JH.
Postal response: Postal entries should be returned to The Camping and Caravanning Club at: [name of Promotion], PO Box 78, Greenfields House, Westwood Way, Coventry CV4 8JH.