Church Farm Lamb Chops and Bulgur Wheat Salad
Church Farm Lamb Chops and Bulgur Wheat Salad Ingredients
4 of Kath Best’s Poll Dorset Lamb Chops
Zest and juice of one lemon
4 tinned anchovy fillets
3 tbsp olive oil
2 ripe tomatoes
1/2 red onion
A small handful of wild mint leaves
200g Bulgur wheat
1/2 teaspoon of stock powder
1 tsp cumin
A pinch of flaked almonds (optional)
Prep time: 5 mins (plus two hours for marinading)
Cook time: 25 mins
The Poll Dorset sheep favoured by Kath Best provides very tender and very tasty meat.
- Finely slice the onion
- Cut the tomatoes into small dice
- Mix oil, zest and anchovies in a bowl
- Add the lamb to the marinate (preferably for a couple of hours)
- Put bulgur wheat into a bowl with half a teaspoon of stock powder and cumin
- Add 300ml hot water to the bulgur wheat and mix well and leave for 20 minutes. Fluff up the grains with a fork then add red onion, tomatoes and chopped wild mint.
- Season and squeeze some lemon juice on and mix well. Top with almonds if required.
- Cook the lamb chops on a hot griddle for about three minutes on each side.
- Serve with bulgur wheat salad.