Denstone Hall Farm Shop and Cafe
When: 01 Jan - 31 Dec 2014
Opening hours: 8:30am-5:30pm
Website: Visit website
Denstone Hall Farm Shop and Café is beautifully situated on the Staffordshire/Derbyshire border between the market towns of Uttoxeter and Ashbourne in the village of Denstone.
The family run business is now located in a new barn adjacent to the old milking parlour. The shop itself has a lovely friendly and welcoming atmosphere and offers a wide range of local and seasonal produce including traditional staffordshire meats for visitors to choose from.
The cafe which has won Best Tea Room in Staffordshire for three years running, prepares everything from scratch in our farm shop kitchen. Some of the current favourites are Leek and Potato soup, Welsh Rarebit with beer mustard, Cottage Pie and our all day full English breakfast. The Courgette Cake and Apple and Plum Crumble have also developed a legendary reputation.
Here at Denstone Hall we believe buying local makes sense. Why? Because you're helping to support your local economy, reduce food miles and more than likely saving yourself money in the process. We now sell over 500 lines which come from Staffordshire or Derbyshire working with around 45 local farms and producers and stock everything from the farm's own beef to local vegetables, cheeses, cakes, gifts and beers from some of the region's best independent suppliers. Next time you visit the shop look out for items carrying the local produce sticker. There's lots of them!
Try our home reared beef and other locally produced meats, poultry and game from the butchery. Also delicious breads and cakes, fresh fruit and vegetables, local and regional cheeses from the deli and a wide range of dairy products. In the café enjoy morning coffee, homemade light lunches and afternoon tea and cakes. Visit now and try something local.
Avaiable in the shop:
• Fresh Bread delivered daily from Spencers of Ashbourne
• Locally produced artisan breads
• Fresh Fruit and vegetables sourced from the UK where possible (and weather permitting!)
• A full butchers counter offering:
- - Top quality beef all from our own farm
- - Outdoor reared pork from Packington Pork and Chris Ball at Prestwood
- - Excellent fresh local lamb
- - Denstone Hall home cured bacon and award winning sausage.
• A Deli Counter with:
- - A large selection of local and regional cheeses
- - A section of cooked meats
- – Pork pies and sausage rolls
• Dairy produce
- - Local milk from Wells Dairy
- - Yogurts, creams and soft cheese from Peak District Dairies
- - Packed local cheeses
• A selection of self serve Olives
• A fantastic array of Jams, pickles and preserves
• Cakes, biscuits, pies, tarts & crisps
- - Amazing cakes baked in the cafe
- - Tarts and pies from Peak Puddings
- - Award winning Tyrrell's crisps
• Field Fare (frozen)
- - Fruits
- - Vegetables
- - Pastry's
- - Ready meals
Denstone Hall Farm Shop
Main Road, Denstone, Staffordshire, ST14 5HF
Event details can change.
Please check with the organisers that the event is happening before making travel arrangements.