The Ramblers Retreat
When: 01 Jan - 31 Dec 2014
Ticket notes: We strongly recommend you reserve a table to avoid any disappointment
Opening hours: 10am-5pm
Website: Visit website
An award winning Country Tearoom.
Nestled in the Dimmingsdale, part of the beautiful Churnet Valley in Staffordshire.
For over 30 years, we have offered a range of high quality, traditional home-made food – from hearty breakfasts, to delicious three course lunches to tasty snacks – not to mention our extensive range of mouth watering homemade desserts!
Our menu is home-made and we pride ourselves on using only the best ingredients - many of which are sourced from local suppliers within the Staffordshire Moorlands.
Whether you chose to eat in our cosy beamed snug, our airy garden room or alfresco in our beautiful gardens overlooking the woodland, we guarantee you’ll find the atmosphere warm and welcoming.
Dimmingsdale is a walker’s paradise. There are a myriad of walks throughout the valley from short easy strolls to challenging all day walks. The majority of walks are maintained by Forestry Commission. In addition, there are a couple of paths in Dimmingsdale which are maintained by our local Council – The Staffordshire Way, which is a 92 mile walk through some of the finest countryside in the Midlands passes through Dimmingsdale. The old Railway Track is another Council maintained path which is a flat, easy track which follows the meandering river Churnet.
Cycle racks are convieniently positioned outside the Ramblers Retreat for those looking for a midway break!
5 Star Health and Hygiene Award
We are proud to announce that we have once again recieved a Five Star Health & Hygiene rating from our local Enviromental Health Department, which is the highest rating any restaurant can achieve.
- 2011 - Best Tearoom in Staffordshire (3rd place) - Taste of Staffordshire Awards
- 2010 - Best Tearoom in Staffordshire (2nd place) - Taste of Staffordshire Awards
- 2009 - NFU Award for Best Use of Local Produce (3rd Place) - Taste of Staffordshire Awards.
- 2008 - NFU Award for Best Use of Local Produce (2nd Place) - Taste of Staffordshire Awards
- 2008 - Best Tourist Attraction (3rd Place) - Taste of Staffordshire Awards
- 2007 - Best Tearoom (1st Place) - Taste of Staffordshire Awards
- Taste of Staffordshire Awards 2004 – 1st - Best Use of Local Produce
- Taste of Staffordshire Awards 2004 – 2nd Best Tearoom Category
- 2nd Best Country Restaurant – Sentinel Restaurant Awards 2004
- Taste of Staffordshire Awards 2003 – Special Award “Well Worth a Detour” and Best Use of Local Produce
- Taste of Staffordshire Awards 2003 – 2nd Best Use of Local Produce
- Nominated as one of the best tearooms in the Midlands by Midlands Today 2003
- Heartbeat award for Healthy Food
The Ramblers Retreat
Red Road, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4BU
Event details can change.
Please check with the organisers that the event is happening before making travel arrangements.