Local information for Adgestone
Local tourist information
- Brading Roman Villa is one of the best Romano-British archaeological sites in the country.
- Dinosaur Isle is an interactive museum based on the island’s history. Visitors can join fossil-hunting expeditions on the beach.
- Waltzing Waters is an intriguing indoor water show.
- The Steam Railway and Island Line Trains (with London Underground stock) both run on the island.
- The Needles at Alum Bay are multi-coloured chalk cliffs. The area is also home to a sweet factory, glassmaker and chairlift.
- The sandy beaches and pier at Sandown are close to Site and great for families. The Island hosts many special events, including a walking festival in May, a scooter rally in August and a cycling festival in September.
- Blackgang Chine has a mixture of rides, goblins, dinosaurs and nursery rhyme characters, while Shanklin Chine is a peaceful, natural gorge.
- Osborne House was Queen Victoria’s palace by the sea.
- There is an aquarium, model railway, planetarium and underwater archaeology centre to explore at Fort Victoria Country Park.
- Brading has several attractions, including waxworks, a factory outlet and a display of vehicles.
Nearest train station: Sandown – 1 mile
Nearest bus: 0.75 mile from site entrance