Ashbourne offers guests two self catering options on site - a holiday apartment and a cabin. Both are great for families or a group wanting something different on a Club Site.
Each sleeps up to four people and offers plenty of space. The cabin has suitable access for wheelchairs and pets are allowed to stay inside as well.
For futher details on each self catering option and to see images of the properties have a look at the pages below.
You can see a full list of on site facilities for Ashbourne Club Site if you view the Ashbourne campsite page.
There is a large children's play area and also plenty of space for ball games on site. Dogs are made welcome with an onsite dog walk. You can also take your dog in the self catering holiday cabin on site. Pets are not allowed in the self catering holiday apartment.
Ashbourne also pride themselves on using renewable energy through the installation of solar panels on the new amenity block ensuring your stay on site is green and clean.
A site shop is also available to guests on site and in self catering accommodation to purchase locally sourced sausages, bacon and eggs.
Things to do near Ashbourne
This site is the perfect base for exploring the southern part of the Peak District and the Derbyshire Dales, Ashbourne is a child-friendly campsite.
- There are several National Trust properties in the area, including the 18th century Kedleston Hall also Sudbury Hall, with its Museum of Childhood.
- Carsington Water offers excellent bird-watching, water sports, fishing and walking facilities.
- The spa town of Buxton has magnificent architecture and the world-famous opera house.
- The stately homes of Haddon Hall and Chatsworth House welcome visitors.
- The Heights of Abraham offers show caverns, acres of woodland and cable car rides.
- Gulliver’s family theme park has many rides and attractions.
- The market town of Ashbourne, known as the gateway to Dovedale, hosts many events during the year including street football, a Highland Gathering and an international arts festival.
- The Tissington Trail, running from Ashbourne to Parsley Hay, is just one of many lovely walks and cycle paths in the area.
- The Derbyshire Well Dressing season from May to September highlights beautifully decorated springs and wells.