American Western Adventure - Escorted Tour highlights
3rd Sept - 9th Oct 2013 from £3,900
2nd Sept - 8th Oct 2014 from £3,900
- Take in the best of the west with Tour Escorts David and Marian Copp.
- Enjoy the natural wonders of western America’s national parks and take in the scenery made famous by the movies of John Wayne.
- Two nights hotel stay in Las Vegas, the entertainment capital of the world.
- Visit seven national parks – Zion, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Mesa Verde and Great Sand Dunes – and soak up their amazing scenery.
- Jeep tour and BBQ in Sedona, Salt Lake City excursion and Lake Powell excursion.
- Welcome and Farewell dinners in Las Vegas.
An overview of our western America escorted tour’s 37 day schedule.
Tour is subject to a minimum of 12 and maximum of 24 motorhomes participating.
Day 1 - 2
Fly from London to Las Vegas, meet your escorts and transfer to your hotel. Enjoy a meal in the company of your fellow travellers and enjoy the bright lights of Las Vegas.
2 Nights Las Vegas hotel.
Pick up motorhomes, stock up on provisions and travel to Mesquite.
Overnight Mesquite campsite.
Day 4 - 5
Drive to breathtaking Zion National Park, Utah, (103 miles) where iron oxide has coloured the sandstone myriad of red, while more natural white or ochre shades remain in various other strata. 2 Nights Zion campsite.
Day 6 - 7
Travel to Bryce Canyon (83 miles), just
one of many canyons that form a series of
horseshoe-shaped amphitheatres – see
the hoodoos, the bizarre colourful rock formations. 2 Nights Bryce Canyon
Day 8 - 9
Travel to Salt Lake City (273 miles) including a guided tour of the city with lunch at Brigham Young’s House and admission to the Pioneer Heritage Village.
2 Nights Salt Lake City campsite.
Travel to Bear Lake (122 miles), known locally as the Caribbean of the North for its unique turquoise-blue colour.
Overnight Bear Lake campsite.
Continue north into Grand Teton National Park (161 miles) with its majestic mountains, pristine lakes and extraordinary wildlife.
Overnight Jackson Hole campsite.
Day 12 - 13
Time to explore the natural wonders of Yellowstone National Park with its geysers, hot springs and wide variety of wildlife (217 miles).
2 Nights Yellowstone campsites.
Day 14 - 15
Look out for the cowboys as we exit the Park and head east to Cody (78 miles), home to Buffalo Bill. 2 Nights Cody campsite.
Enjoy a scenic drive as we continue through Wyoming to Buffalo (182 miles) in the Big Horn Mountain range.
Overnight Buffalo campsite.
Day 17 - 18
Cross the border into South Dakota and
head for Hill City (195 miles), close to Mount Rushmore National Memorial and its Native American counterpart, Crazy Horse Monument.
2 Nights Hill City campsite.
Head into Wyoming and travel to Lingle (172 miles) near Fort Laramie, a famous fort on the road west. Call in at the Mammoth Hot Springs Centre. Overnight Lingle campsite.
Travel into Colorado to Golden (223 miles) on the outskirts of Denver.
Overnight Golden campsite.
Day 21 - 22
Continue south to Colorado Springs (154 miles) where a visit to the Garden of the Gods is a must for an explanation of the origins of the Red Rocks. 2 Nights Colorado Springs campsite.
Travel to Alamosa (191 miles) with time to visit Great Sand Dunes National Park.
Overnight Alamosa campsite.
Day 24 - 25
Continue west to Durango (153 miles) where you can travel on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.
2 Nights Durango campsite.
Travel to Mesa Verde National Park (48 miles), a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which houses some of the best-preserved cliff dwellings in the world. Overnight Mesa Verde campsite.
Drive to Monument Valley, Utah (147 miles), where we have organised a truck tour to view the sites made famous in many a western movie.
Overnight Monument Valley campsite.
Day 28 - 29
Travel to Lake Powell, Arizona (135 miles), and marvel at the Glen Canyon Dam which has created the second largest man-made lake in the United States. Included is a boat excursion on Lake Powell to see Rainbow Bridge the largest natural bridge in the world.
2 Nights Lake Powell campsite.
Day 30 - 31
Travel to Grand Canyon National Park (146 miles) and be prepared to be amazed by this dramatic canyon, with the Colorado River at its base. 2 Nights Grand Canyon campsite.
Day 32 - 33
Travel the famous Route 66 as we head to Sedona (115 miles), famous for its red rocks where we will have a jeep excursion into the hills and enjoy a western style cookout.
2 Nights Sedona campsite.
Continue along Route 66 to Kingman (191 miles). Overnight Kingman campsite.
Complete the loop and return to Las Vegas (101 miles) where we will enjoy a farewell meal to say goodbye to your fellow travellers. Overnight Las Vegas campsite.
Day 36 - 37
Return vehicles and transfer to the airport for the evening flight to London.
This ends the tour travel arrangements.
- Prices indicated are per person for two adults sharing a motorhome. Single supplement, extra adult sharing a vehicle and child supplement – available on request.
- Return Economy Class flights from London to Las Vegas (including airport taxes).
- 33-nights 25ft 5-berth motorhome hire; Vehicle Incident Protection Insurance (VIP) with $1000 deductible and Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI); two personal kits; one vehicle kit; 3,500 miles included; first fill of propane; unlimited generator usage; camp chairs.
- 33-nights campground pitches, including hook-up where available.
- Services of tour escorts; two nights hotel (twin share room) accommodation on a room only basis; transfers as stated; Welcome Dinner; Salt Lake City excursion; Sedona jeep excursion; Lake Powell excursion; Monument Valley excursion; tour daybook; Farewell Dinner.
What’s not included:
Personal insurance – please ask for a quote for Worldwide insurance at the time of booking; motorhome fuel; meals other than those listed; drinks at listed meals; excursions or entrance fees other than those listed; expenditure of a personal nature, tips etc; tolls; entry to national and other parks (you should budget approximately £50 in park entry fees).
Upgrades and extras:
You may wish to upgrade your flights to Premium Economy – please contact our Travel Specialists for a quote. If you require more information about the different sizes of motorhomes available for this tour, please also call our Travel Specialists.
/> 3 September – 9 October 2013 and 2 September – 8 October 2014
Price from £3,900.
Tour Gallery - 8 photos
Western Adverture Grand Canyon
Western Adverture Group get together
Western Adverture Durango Railroad
Western Adverture Mesa Verde
Western Adverture Yellowstone
Western Adverture Monument Valley
Western Adverture Lake Powell Rainbow Arch
Western Adverture Bryce Rainbow Point