Setting up a Certificated Site
Do I Qualify?
If you have at least half an acre of fairly level land, and it’s not next door to a licensed site, there’s a good chance you qualify!
We offer certification for Full sites (caravans, motorhomes and tents), Caravan Only sites (no tents) and also Tent Only sites (no caravans or motorhomes – also suitable for sites where access is particularly poor).
There are many different reasons why landowners choose to look into having their own Certificated Sites, whether it is for extra income, or just the pleasure of meeting new people, making friends, or sharing the beautiful surroundings with others.
The Club holds exemptions from Natural England which allows us to help land owners like you set up their own small campsites. These exemptions allow you, once certificated, to:
- Accommodate up to 5 caravans or motorhomes, and 10 tents for a maximum of 28 consecutive days at any one time.
- Open all year round if you wish or specify your opening months, as long as the site is open during the main camping season.
- Keep all of the site fees.
For a small biennial fee (every 2 years) of £165.00 +VAT* we will provide you with:
- Dedicated department of specialist advisors
- Access to over 526,000 Club Members
- Two annual site certificates permitting the change of use
- A basic entry onto our online campsite directory: siteseeker.co.uk, which generates millions of page viewings
- Entry into our well-known biennial publication: Your Big Sites Book™, the most comprehensive campsite guide in the UK
- Online Club Membership
- Two annual site assessment visits by our Site Officers
- Access to unique discounts online
*Fee is subject to change, and payable prior to site certification
The certification process can take from as little as 3 months from filling out the application form, to welcoming your first campers.
Our ‘All You Need to Know’ guide will give you more information about what setting up and operating a CS is all about. You will need to read this guide before completing the application form. The guide is free of charge and should answer any questions you might have at this stage. It also has a step by step guide of the application process we follow so you know what’s happening, and how long it takes.