The B+E Course

Club Care Insurance

Created by members for members, Club Care’s touring caravan insurance policy will protect you and your beloved caravan.

Touring Caravan Insurance

If you passed your driving test after 1 January 1997, you will not hold the B+E licence you reacquire to tow heavier trailers or caravans.


If you passed your driving test after the 1 January 1997 and hold an ordinary category (B) car licence you can drive:

  • A car & trailer or caravan as long as the maximum authorised mass (MAM) of the vehicle and the unit is no more than 3.5 tonnes.

Drivers who passed their driving test on or after 1 January 1997 are required to take an additional driving test in order to gain entitlement (+E) to tow a trailer  with a vehicle and trailer combined weight of 3.5 tonne and over, up to 8.25 tonnes.


The providers listed have been approved by the Club to offer B+E courses to Members, please contact the provider directly.

Please Note

The Club continues to visit and approve B+E providers and the list will be updated accordingly.